Small Business Saturday, Tree Lighting Ceremony & Winter Market
Saturday, Nov. 25, 2017
We're kicking off the holiday season at 50th & France by celebrating local business and bringing festivities to the area on Saturday, Nov. 25. Below are a list of activities to get into the spirit!
- Small Business Saturday - Spend the day shopping at 50th & France receiving discounts and celebrate small business! Specials at businesses below:
- Arezzo Ristorante - Complimentary Dessert with the purchase of an Entrée. Saturday Only. 11:30am-2:30pm
- Art of Optiks - 10% off complete pairs of eyewear or nonprescription sunglasses
- bumbershute - 20% off
- Denny Kemp Salon - Purchase $50 of more of R+Co and receive a complimentary travel size Death Valley Dry Shampo
- Edina Grill - $5 gift certificate with purchase of 2 entrees
- Equation - 20% off
- Fringe Accessories - Fringe is celebrating the 25th by saving you 25% on one item. Some exclusions apply.
- Luya Shoes & Other Fine Things - 20% off
- Pacifier - 20% off entire reg. price purchase/15% off strollers, car seats, furniture and gear
- Rejuvenate Today Massage & Wellness - Offering $49 Massage Gift Certificates and Two 60-Minute massages for $85
- Robert Foote Jeweler - Free Jewelry cleaning, refreshments in store
- Scout & Molly's Boutique - Christmas Cookie Decorating party, styling tips from Abri Perchetti and Holiday sips and 20% sweaters
- Shop in the City - Shop in the City sends warm "wishes" for a JOYFUL Holiday season to all our wonderful customers. In honor of small business Saturday we would like to offer our exclusive silver "wishbone" necklace ($24.95) free to anyone who spends $50 on small business Saturday! In addition, we will have great sales and fun surprises throughout the day including: 30% off Free People Clothing, gift cards and complimentary treats
- Title Nine - 15% off
- Tree Lighting Ceremony - Visit with Santa from 3-5 p.m. near the holiday tree on West 50th Street. Carolers will be strolling the area, singing holiday songs. The holiday tree is lit at 5 p.m. Get Your Tree At OLG – Our 2017 Holiday Tree is donated from Our Lady of Grace Church. Freshly cut LOCAL trees are awaiting you at Our Lady of Grace Church. Once again, they are selling high-quality trees, wreaths and garland at great prices. New this year: Potted Tree Tops and Birch Branches! The majority of the proceeds are used to maintain the OLG athletic field, which is enjoyed by kids and families from throughout the community. More info.
- Winter Market - Featuring local artists in the Edina 5-0 Mall between Title Nine and Annika Bridal. The Winter Market continues on Dec. 2, 9 and 16.
- Child Care and Festive Projects for Kids sponsored by College Nannies & Tutors, Lunds & Byerlys - Let the kids get their jingle on while you enjoy all 50th & France has to offer for the holidays. College Nannies elves will host child-friendly activities to keep the youngsters engaged and even more excited for winter and the holidays. Hands on activities include: making a snow globe, handprint reindeer, learn and play new card and dice games, holiday card making, story time and cookie decorating! The College Nannies team has creativity and the kids covered at this drop-off event. This event for kids is on Nov. 25, Dec. 2, 9 and 16 for parents to shop while their kids do fun, festive activities in the 50th & France Lunds & Byerlys Loft above Caribou Coffee. Lunds & Byerlys is donating snacks for kids! Children can participate in the activities from either 12-2 p.m. or 2-4 p.m. **All shifts are currently filled.
Winter Market & Child Care and Festive Projects for Kids - Saturdays Nov. 25 and Dec. 2, 9, 16
Shop for gifts from local artisans with a new theme each Saturday in Edina 5-0 Mall between Title Nine and Annika Bridal. The artisans will showcase gifts to reflect the theme. **Our Winter Market is currently filled with vendors, but check back next year for artist opportunities!
Strolling Carolers - We will also have Edina High School Chamber Singers strolling the area and caroling from 1-3 p.m. on Saturdays, Nov. 25, Dec, 2 and 16. Edina Chorale will be performing on Dec. 9.
Winter Markets - Located in Edina 5-0 Mall:
- Saturday, Nov. 25 from 1-5 p.m. - Theme: Hostess Gifts and Holiday Party Gifts
- Featured Artists & Vendors: Nick Ardito, Jill Catherwood, Emily Thelemann, Katherine Hutchinson, Melinda Wolff, Melissa Melby, Groveland Confections, Mary Huseby, Pat Linell, Jamie Smisek
- Saturday, Dec. 2 from 12-3 p.m. - Theme: Secret Santa Gifts
- Featured Artists & Vendors: Jill Catherwood, Katherine Hutchinson, Judy Nelson, Mary Huseby, Pat Linell , Thick as Thieves Candles, Jewelry by Jessica, Heather's Pies, Lisa Myers, Jamie Smisek
- Saturday, Dec. 9 from 12-3 p.m. - Theme: Stocking Stuffers
- Featured Artists & Vendors: Jill Catherwood, Cristine Basina, Katherine Hutchinson, Melissa Melby, Judy Nelson, Mary Huseby, Pat Linell, Thick as Thieves Candles, Jewelry by Jessica, Andrea Shoup, Jamie Smisek
- Saturday, Dec. 16 from 12-3 p.m. - Theme: Men’s Shopping day (gift ideas like growlers)
- Featured Artists & Vendors: Jill Catherwood, Emily Thelemann, Wendy Egan, Cristine Basina, Katherine Hutchinson, Terry Kochaver, Mary Huseby, Jamie Smisek
Child Care and Festive Projects for Kids hosted by College Nannies & Tutors & Lunds & Byerlys on Nov. 25, Dec. 2, 9, 16 - Lunds & Byerlys Community Room above Caribou Coffee
Let the kids get their jingle on while you enjoy all 50th & France has to offer for the holidays. College Nannies elves will host complimentary child-friendly activities to keep the youngsters engaged and even more excited for winter and the holidays. Hands on activities include: making a snow globe, handprint reindeer, learn and play new card and dice games, holiday card making, story time and cookie decorating! The College Nannies team has creativity and the kids covered at this drop-off event.
This event for kids is 12 - 4 p.m. Nov. 25, Dec. 2, 9 and 16 for parents to shop while their kids do fun, festive activities in the 50th & France Lunds & Byerlys Loft above Caribou Coffee. Lunds & Byerlys is donating snacks for kids! Children can participate in the activities from either 12-2 p.m. or 2-4 p.m. **We are full for this year's child care activities!
- Saturday, Nov. 25 - Gingerbread house decorating provided by Lunds & Byerlys
- Saturday, Dec. 2 - Popsicle stick Reindeer, Snowglobes provided by CNS+T
- Saturday, Dec. 9 - Cookie decorating provided by Lunds & Byerlys
- Saturday, Dec. 16 - Making Handprint Wreaths & Birdfeeders provided by CNS+T
- Two shifts available to sign-up for. Either 12-2 p.m. and 2-4 p.m. - you can sign up for one shift per Saturday
- For kids ages 4 and up
- Limited to 12 kids per shift
Enjoy our Tree Lighting Ceremony on Nov. 25 from 3-5 p.m. with the tree being lit with Edina Mayor Jim Hovland at 5 p.m.
Complimentary Shuttle from Rochester to 50th & France - Saturday, Nov. 25
We are so thrilled to be introducing a new complimentary shuttle from Rochester to 50th & France for a day of shopping, dining and exploring our charming area from 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 25, so guests can enjoy all that 50th & France has to offer. 50th & France has 175 shops including unique apparel and gift boutiques, 20 restaurants and cafes, a variety of salon/spa services, an art-house movie theater and more.
The 50th & France area also has festive activities happening on Nov. 25 including a Winter Market featuring local artisans and the annual Tree Lighting Ceremony.
Winter Market from 1-5 p.m. in Edina 5-0 Mall (between Title Nine and Annika Bridal) - Local artisans featuring host/hostess themed gifts so you can go to your holiday parties with a unique, fun gift! The November 25th theme are gifts for host/hostess!
Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony from 3-5 p.m. - Visit with Santa from 3-5 p.m. near the holiday tree on West 50th Street. Carolers will be strolling the area, singing holiday songs. The holiday tree is lit at 5 p.m. with Edina Mayor, Jim Hovland.
Nov. 25 is also Small Business Saturday! We have so many locally-owned businesses and many will be featuring specials to celebrate the day and kick off the holiday season. Keep an eye out for our Holiday Gift Guide on our website and social media.
To sign-up: Please email email@example.com to reserve. You can sign up to reserve 4 total spots including yourself on a first come, first serve basis. The shuttle is limited to the first 35 people who are signed up. We will have a wait list.
- Shuttle will leave Rochester at 10 a.m. (Location TBD and will be emailed to passengers)
- Arrival at 50th & France at 11:30 a.m.
- Shuttle will leave 50th & France at about 6:30 p.m.
- 35 Passenger Mid Size Coach Shuttle including restroom
- Passengers will receive complimentary 50th & France guidebooks with area map just prior to getting on the shuttle
- More details will be emailed to passengers before Nov. 25
Style Edina Fashion Show
April 7, 2018
Check back to see updates and participating stores for 2018 fashion show!
52nd Annual Edina Art Fair
June 1 - 3, 2018
The First Official Art Fair of the Year featuring nearly 300 fine artists from Minnesota, the U.S and Canada.
More information on the Edina Art Fair website.
Free Admission | Rain or Shine | Free Shuttle
July 2018 - check back for dates!
50th & France's Annual Crazy Days sidewalk sales features discounts from stores with outdoor sale racks/tents along with live music in the area.
Open Streets on 50th
Thanks to everyone who joined us on Sept. 24! Look for 2018 date and more info soon.
2018 Pumpkin Fest
Join us in 2018 for our 36th Annual Pumpkin Fest! More details to come.
Thursdays Till 7
50th & France shops are staying open later on Thursdays throughout the year. Stop by our shops and enjoy the cafe lights in the area as you wait for your dinner reservation, and grab an iced coffee from one of our coffee shops or an ice cream!
Businesses staying open until 7 p.m. or later on Thursday evenings (see store hours in our directory for full details):
- Annika Bridal
- Banana Republic
- Burlap & Brass
- Fashion Avenue
- General Sports
- Live, Laugh, Love
- Nani Nalu
- RF Moeller Jeweler
- Shop in the City
- Sur La Table
- Title Nine
- Witt + Bliss (inside Bespoke Hair Artisans)
- Aesthetic Institute of Edina / Kovanda Plastic Surgery
- A La Mode Boutique & Nail Spa
- Bespoke Hair Artisans
- Denny Kemp Salon
- Lush Cosmetics
- Oliver Taylor Salon
- Spalon Montage
- STEELE Fitness
- The Hair District
- The Glow Lounge
- The WOW Bar
- Tribeca Salon
Weekday Restaurant Specials
If making dinner just isn't cutting it on a weekday or you want to make your weekday feel a little more special with an evening out, 50th & France restaurants have great specials earlier in the week!
Agra Culture Kitchen & Press - bottomless house wine on Monday/Tuesdays
Arezzo Ristorante - Happy hour weekdays 4-5 p.m.
Beaujo's - Happy hour from 9-10 p.m., Tuesday through Thursday, $2 off any glass of wine and select food specials too.
Cocina del Barrio - Happy hour Monday-Friday 3-6 p.m.
D'Amico & Sons - Wine & Dine Date Night $34 per couple on Tuesday (and Saturday) nights
Edina Grill - Two happy hours - Morning Happy Hour: Monday thru Friday 8am to 10am (Bar and Patio Areas Only). Afternoon & Late Night Happy Hour: Daily From 3pm to 6pm and 9pm to Close.
Red Cow - Two happy hours every day from 3-6 p.m. and 10 p.m. - close. Six different apps for $7, and $1-$2 off select draft beers, $2 off wine by the glass, and $2 off specialty cocktails, $4 off bottles of wine.
Salut Bar Americain - Happy hour daily 3-6 p.m.
prAna Intensati Classes
Every Saturday 10-11 a.m.
INTENSATI: A high energy, cardio workout that is dynamic and rhythmic, yet easy to follow. This unique class combines martial arts, fitness aerobics, yoga, and spoken meditation to improve your health and tap into your inner potential.
Arezzo Ristorante Ladies Night Out
Every Monday 4-9 p.m. $15 bottles of Pigro wines.
Fall & Winter Events at Oska
Please join OSKA Minneapolis for these spectacular in-store events this season! RSVP required for each event as space is very limited. RSVP by calling 952-358-2266, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refreshments and nibbles will be served at each event.
September 16, 2 - 4 pm
Beautiful Boiled Wool Event
Come learn about what makes OSKA boiled wool special, and see our new shapes and colors. Showcase and styling tips begin promptly at 2:30 pm.
October 7, 2 - 4 pm
ISCHIKO Fall / Winter 2017
Experience the newest creations, in gorgeous fall colors and fabrics, from Anne Pastré, the Designer of ISCHIKO. Fashion show and styling inspirations begin at 2:30 pm sharp.
November 4, 2 - 4 pm
Tubman Donation / Fall Refresh Event
Bring in your new or slightly used fall / winter garments for donation to the Tubman shelter for women in crisis, and receive a gift with purchase (while supplies last) as we help you refresh your wardrobe.
December 16, 2 - 4 pm
Resort Spring / Summer 2018
See our resort-ready new arrivals from the Spring Summer 2018 OSKA Collection. Fashion show and travel fashion tips begin promptly at 2:30 pm.