Open Streets on 50th
Join us Sunday, Sept. 24, 2017 for Open Streets on 50th!
*This event is rain or shine, but in the case of heavy rainstorms or thunderstorms we will cancel the event and post the status on the 50th & France Facebook and website by 9 a.m. on Sunday, September 24th. Thank you!
We're closing West 50th Street between Wooddale Avenue in Edina and Chowen Avenue in Minneapolis for the third-annual Open Streets on 50th!
The street will be open to bikes and pedestrians to enjoy music, food, games, crafts, yoga and other creative and active events. Civic, athletic, artistic, creative and neighborhood groups, as well as businesses will participate! Open Streets is dog-friendly, too.
It's time for everyone to come together for a day of celebration and community building!
Open Streets on 50th Facebook event! Download our 2017 Activities Guide at the bottom of the page for a complete list of activities, participating businesses, and more!
- Pet Zone on South France Ave. featuring vendors with pet-themed activities
- Complimentary athletic classes from Alchemy, Athleta, PrAna, STEELE Fitness and YogaFit Linden Hills
- Craft beer garden feauturing Indeed beer and food in Red Cow parking lot
- Bouncy house sponsored by Red Cow on East 50th Street (yes, it's a cow bouncy house!)
Complimentary Fitness Activities:
- Alchemy - Thruster contests throughout event (West 50th St. Westbound)
- Athleta + The Bar Method Minneapolis - Open Barre on 50th at 3 p.m. (in front of Athleta) bring your yoga mat!
- prAna - Pound classes from 1-4 p.m. 25-min sessions teaching technique (West 50th St. Westbound - in front of store)
- STEELE Fitness - Bootcamp at 2 p.m. & 4 p.m. (West 50th St. Westbound - in front of store)
- YogaFit Linden Hills - Yoga class at 1 p.m. + table with info (West 50th St. near fountain) - bring your yoga mat!
Food & Drink:
- Groveland Confections - artisan chocolates
- Fair Faves - mini donuts, corn dogs, pretzels and nachos with cheese, cheese curds
- Lunds & Byerly's - complimentary apples
- MN Nice Cream presented by Sloane's Beauty Bar - ice cream samples
- Red Cow - 60/40 burger, double barrel burger, cheese curds, chips with french onion dip
- Stanley’s on Wheels - BBQ sandwich, nachos, brisket tacos, pulled pork tacos, chicken tacos, southwest tacos, black bean garden tacos, brownies
Participating 50th & France businesses:
- bluebird boutique
- Burlap & Brass
- College Nannies & Tutors
- Edina Family Chiropractic
- Harriet & Alice
- Kovanda Plastic Surgery
- Lunds & Byerlys
- Lush Cosmetics
- Nani Nalu
- Red Cow
- Rejuvenate Today Massage
- Scout & Molly's Boutique
- SHOP in the City
- Sloane's Beauty Bar
- STEELE Fitness
- Verizon Wireless
- WINK Gifts & Boutique
- YogaFit Linden Hills
2017 Pumpkin Fest
October 21, 2017
Thanks to everyone who came out for 2016 Pumpkin Fest. Keep your eyes peeled for 2017 details! In the meantime, check out this photo gallery from our 2016 Pumpkin Fest!
Tree Lighting Ceremony & Winter Market & Small Business Saturday
Saturday, Nov. 25, 2017
- Small Business Saturday - Spend the day shopping at 50th & France receiving discounts and celebrate small business!
- Tree Lighting Ceremony - Visit with Santa from 3-5 p.m. near the holiday tree on West 50th Street. Carolers will be strolling the area, singing holiday songs. The holiday tree is lit at 5 p.m.
- Winter Market - Featuring local artists and vendors. More info to come!
Winter Market at 50th & France - Saturdays Nov. 25 and Dec. 2, 9, 16 - Edina 5-0 Mall
Shop for gifts from local artisans with a new theme each Saturday in Edina 5-0 Mall between Title Nine and Annika Bridal. The artisans will showcase gifts to reflect the theme.
Winter Market Details:
- Saturday, Nov. 25 from 1-5 p.m. - Theme: Hostess Gifts and Holiday Party Gifts
- Saturday, Dec. 2 from 12-3 p.m. - Theme: Secret Santa Gifts
- Saturday, Dec. 9 from 12-3 p.m. - Theme: Stocking Stuffers
- Saturday, Dec. 16 from 12-3 p.m. - Theme: Men’s Shopping day (gift ideas i.e. growlers)
Children's Festive Activities hosted by College Nannies & Tutors on Dec. 2, 9, 16 - Lunds & Byerlys Loft above Caribou Coffee
Let the kids get their jingle on while you enjoy all 50th & France has to offer for the holidays. College Nannies elves will host child-friendly activities to keep the youngsters engaged and even more excited for winter and the holidays. Hands on activities include: making a snow globe, handprint reindeer, learn and play new card and dice games, holiday card making, story time and cookie decorating! The College Nannies team has creativity and the kids covered at this drop off event.
This event for kids is 12 - 4 p.m. Nov. 25, Dec. 2, 9 and 16 for parents to shop while their kids do fun, festive activities in the 50th & France Lunds & Byerlys Loft above Caribou Coffee. Lunds & Byerlys is donating snacks for kids! There will be two shifts, one from 12-2 p.m. and another from 2-4 p.m. to drop off children 4 and up. Space is limited.
Children's Festive Activities Details:
- Saturdays, Nov. 25 and Dec, 2, 9, 16
- 12-4 p.m. (two shifts - 12-2 p.m. and 2-4 p.m.)
- For kids ages 4 and up
Style Edina Fashion Show 2018
Check back to see updates and participating stores for 2018 fashion show!
52nd Annual Edina Art Fair
June 1 - 3, 2018
The First Official Art Fair of the Year featuring nearly 300 fine artists from Minnesota, the U.S and Canada.
More information on the Edina Art Fair website.
Free Admission | Rain or Shine | Free Shuttle
July 2018 - check back for dates!
50th & France's Annual Crazy Days sidewalk sales features discounts from stores with outdoor sale racks/tents along with live music in the area.
Yoga by the Fountain & Thursdays Till 7
Shopping + Yoga + Happy Hour = Thursday Nights at 50th & France!
Check back to see the time for our 2018 summer yoga series!
Thursdays Till 7
50th & France shops are staying open later on Thursdays throughout the year. Stop by our shops and enjoy the cafe lights in the area as you wait for your dinner reservation, and grab an iced coffee from one of our coffee shops or an ice cream!
Businesses staying open until 7 p.m. or later on Thursday evenings (see store hours in our directory for full details):
- Annika Bridal
- Banana Republic
- Burlap & Brass
- Cooks of Crocus Hill
- Fashion Avenue
- General Sports
- Live, Laugh, Love
- Nani Nalu
- RF Moeller Jeweler
- Sur La Table
- Title Nine
- Witt + Bliss (inside Bespoke Hair Artisans)
- Aesthetic Institute of Edina / Kovanda Plastic Surgery
- A La Mode Boutique & Nail Spa
- Bespoke Hair Artisans
- Denny Kemp Salon
- Lush Cosmetics
- Oliver Taylor Salon
- Spalon Montage
- STEELE Fitness
- The Hair District
- The Glow Lounge
- The WOW Bar
- Tribeca Salon
Weekday Restaurant Specials
If making dinner just isn't cutting it on a weekday or you want to make your weekday feel a little more special with an evening out, 50th & France restaurants have great specials earlier in the week!
Agra Culture Kitchen & Press - bottomless house wine on Monday/Tuesdays
Arezzo Ristorante - Happy hour weekdays 4-5 p.m.
Beaujo's - Happy hour from 9-10 p.m., Tuesday through Thursday, $2 off any glass of wine and select food specials too.
Cocina del Barrio - Happy hour Monday-Friday 3-6 p.m.
D'Amico & Sons - Wine & Dine Date Night $34 per couple on Tuesday (and Saturday) nights
Edina Grill - Two happy hours - Morning Happy Hour: Monday thru Friday 8am to 10am (Bar and Patio Areas Only). Afternoon & Late Night Happy Hour: Daily From 3pm to 6pm and 9pm to Close.
Red Cow - Two happy hours every day from 3-6 p.m. and 10 p.m. - close. Six different apps for $6, and $1-$2 off select draft beers, $2 off wine by the glass, and $2 off specialty cocktails available starting July 5th
Salut Bar Americain - Happy hour daily 3-6 p.m.
prAna Intensati Classes
Every Saturday 10-11 a.m.
INTENSATI: A high energy, cardio workout that is dynamic and rhythmic, yet easy to follow. This unique class combines martial arts, fitness aerobics, yoga, and spoken meditation to improve your health and tap into your inner potential.
Arezzo Ristorante Ladies Night Out
Every Monday 4-9 p.m. $15 bottles of Pigro wines.
Fall & Winter Events at Oska
Please join OSKA Minneapolis for these spectacular in-store events this season! RSVP required for each event as space is very limited. RSVP by calling 952-358-2266, or by emailing us at email@example.com. Refreshments and nibbles will be served at each event.
September 16, 2 - 4 pm
Beautiful Boiled Wool Event
Come learn about what makes OSKA boiled wool special, and see our new shapes and colors. Showcase and styling tips begin promptly at 2:30 pm.
October 7, 2 - 4 pm
ISCHIKO Fall / Winter 2017
Experience the newest creations, in gorgeous fall colors and fabrics, from Anne Pastré, the Designer of ISCHIKO. Fashion show and styling inspirations begin at 2:30 pm sharp.
November 4, 2 - 4 pm
Tubman Donation / Fall Refresh Event
Bring in your new or slightly used fall / winter garments for donation to the Tubman shelter for women in crisis, and receive a gift with purchase (while supplies last) as we help you refresh your wardrobe.
December 16, 2 - 4 pm
Resort Spring / Summer 2018
See our resort-ready new arrivals from the Spring Summer 2018 OSKA Collection. Fashion show and travel fashion tips begin promptly at 2:30 pm.
Harriet & Alice Classes
Harriet & Alice is a yarn and gift shop for everyone. Whether you knit, crochet or just love handmade gifts Harriet & Alice is for you. And if you're new to knitting or crocheting, they offer an array of classes! E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Janesville Jacket Knit-A-Long
Join us as we knit up this great Sweater/Poncho/Jacket in the always amazing Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok.
Dates: Wednesdays, September 13, 20, 27
Times: 10:00am - Noon
Supplies: 9 (50g) Hanks of Woolstok (6 main color, 3 contrasting color), Size 10 32" circular needles.
Always wanted to learn how to make mittens? We can help. A great gift for yourself or someone else.
Dates: Thursdays, September 14 & 21
Times: 6:00 - 8:00pm
Short Rows 101
Did you fall in love with the Purl Soho Bandana Cowl too? Scared of those Short Rows? Join us for a 1 night class to get you started and by the end of the night you will have the short rows done and you will be finishing your cowl by the end of the weekend!
Date: Thursday, September 28
Supplies: Blue Sky Fibers Techno, Size 10 16" circulars