50th & France Lifestyle Blog
Recipe provided by Stephanie May Potter and Grass Fed Cattle Co
50th & France businesses, Stephanie May Potter, a health and lifestyle coach, and Grass Fed Cattle Co, have teamed up for this taco recipe that is filled with healthy, local ingredients and packed with flavor.
Grass Fed Cattle Co specializes in providing sustainable and delicious 100% grass fed beef and pastured pork from local Minnesota and Wisconsin farms to folks in the Twin Cities and surrounding areas. Their honestly grown, hormone and antibiotic free beef and pork are raised on wide open pastures which are free of chemicals. Grass Fed Cattle Co takes the quality and quaintness of a small farm purchase and translates it to modern times by offering a simple online ordering process and a convenient pick up location at 50th & France.
Stephanie May Potter empowers people to make real changes so that they can thrive, feel their best and live their best life. Stephanie provides personalized plans focused on simple and sustainable solutions that allows her clients to grow and flourish with her support & accountability.
Together, Stephanie and Grass Fed Cattle Co shared some recipe cards at the Edina Art Fair, and we wanted to bring this to our followers, so you have a healthy recipe in your dinner arsenal that will please the whole family!
- 2-3 lbs Grass Fed Cattle Co chuck roast
- ½ onion sliced and halved
- 1-2 jalapenos, sliced lengthwise in thin strips (seeded)
- 3 bay leaves + 1 whole dried chili (ancho, santa fe, guajillo)
–¼ cup lime juice + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
–1 tbsp oregano + 1 tbsp cumin + 1 tbsp chili powder + 1 tsp paprika
–2 gloves garlic or 1 tbsp garlic powder
–½ tsp cinnamon
–1 tsp salt + 1 tsp pepper
- Combine all marinade ingredients and whisk, set aside.
- Sear roast on hot grill or oiled skillet for 2 min per side, until browned.
- Place roast in slow cooker, surround with bay leaves + dried chili, cover and surround with onions and jalapenos.
- Pour marinade over everything, ensuring good coverage.
Add ½ cup water on the side to ensure at least ½ of beef is wet.
- Set crock pot for 7 hours on low. Stir/move once or twice.
- Discard bay leaves and chili. Separate onions/jalapenos for service as a topping if desired. With a fork, shred the beef and stir in crock pot liquids (discard any remaining fat).
- Serve on warm corn tortillas, top chopped red onion, cilantro, avocado, and Mexican queso.
- It is amazing the depth of flavor this produces, highlighting the beef!
- All seasoning can be adjusted to taste; if you don't have something, it’s okay to skip or substitute.
- For healthy tortilla chips, take some extra corn tortillas, cut into wedges, spray with cooking oil, and bake for 10-15 minutes on 300*. Serve with your favorite salsa.
Give mom a special gift or take her our for a gourmet meal at one our restaurants. 50th & France offers a variety of businesses that can make Mother's Day seamless, unique and fun!
- Fringe Accessories - Mothersday is everyday and should be celebrated all year, this bracelet reminders her of your love even when your actions don’t. Options for every budget and taste, giftcards too. Fringe is here to make gift giving easy.
- R.F. Moeller Jeweler - Shop for Mother’s Day gifts (or treat yourself!) during the John Hardy Trunk Show at R.F. Moeller on May 6th! A John Hardy stylist will be in store to introduce you to the newest pieces in the collection.
- bluebird boutique - Custom made diamond 14g initial necklaces.
- Scout & Molly's Boutique - Every woman loves a beautiful piece of jewelry, and every gift-giver loves finding the perfect gift at an amazing price! Scout and Molly’s Edina carries beautiful unique Jewelry designers that range is styles, from funky statement pieces to dainty delicates you are sure to find the perfect Mother’s Day gift.
Accessories & Clothing
- Bone Adventure - Help the fur kids celebrate their dog moms with festive frosted dog treats and other goodies at Bone Adventure.
- Burlap & Brass - We've got tons of ways to show & tell Mom how much you love & appreciate her! And as a lil' treat enjoy 10% off all full price merchandise this Mother's Day! (valid May 14th only).
- Corset Syling - Two person professional Styling Session for the price of one: one for mom, one for you! We believe everyone should have a “core set” of go-to outfits in the closet! Let us help spice up your casual look or add polish to your professional wardrobe. In this two hour styling session, a professional stylist from will work individually with you and your guest to, Create head-turning looks with clothing and accessories, Find clothing that flatters your body shape and fits your lifestyle, Discuss which trends to embrace this season, Make sure you never stare unhappily into your closet ever again. Must purchase by May 13, 2017; Session must be redeemed by August 1, 2017
- Equation - Tess + Tricia summer collection in store now!
- Evereve - Don’t miss the Evereve Mother’s Day sale May 14 in stores and online.
- Grethen House - We're celebrating all the mothers everywhere! Let Grethen House help you pick out a gift she'll love or pick up a gift card so she can pick out something for herself. Receive a free $20 gift card when you buy a $100 gift card, now through May 14!
- Witt + Bliss - Badass Mom mug in Navy & Pink, $12 each
Health & Beauty
- A La Mode Boutique & Nail Spa - Mother's Day Celebration May 10-17. Save $10 on any manicure and pedicure. Save $5 on Mini Mani, Mini Pedi.
- Grass Fed Cattle Co - The mother in the home deserves to be celebrated on her day! The Grass Fed Cattle Co has made it easy and put together a specially priced Mother’s Day gift package filled with some of our most versatile cuts. Bonus - a quick and convenient pick up at 50th and France! So gather the family around the table and show mom how much you care by cooking a delicious and nutritious meal made with locally raised, honest, 100% grass fed beef. Gift for Mom 5 Chuck Roasts, 10 lbs. Ground Beef, $175 (savings of $25.00). Limited availability! Order online at GrassFedCattleCo or by email.
- Lush Cosmetics - A simple "Thanks Mom" goes a long way, but a pretty box of luxurious showertime treats takes it one step further! This one contains our limited edition vanilla-lavender Pink Custard Shower Jelly, plus three more floral delights to make her morning routine blissful. With every purchase we'll donate $7.95 to our Charity Pot fund, which supports grassroots organizations that protect people, animals, and the environment.
- Parc - Our pick for Mother's Day is this Herbivore Botanicals Orchid Youth Preserving Facial Oil because Mom only deserves the best ingredients. Not only is it all natural but it also smells amazing and made with Camellia Flower Oil, a light weight oil that easily absorbs into the skin. Rich in skin cell renewing fatty acids Omega 3 and 6, it naturally increases skins elasticity and gives it a luminous glow.
- Rejuvenate Today Massage & Wellness - You ever wonder what your Mom really wants for Mother's Day? The Gift of Massage! Massage Specials include: $45 - 60 Minute Custom Aroma Massage, $85 - 2 60 Minute Custom Aroma Massages and $70 for a 90 Minute Hot Stone Massage. Gift Certificates Available. These deals end on May 14, 2017.
- Spalon Montage - For every $150 Spalon Montage gift card purchase, receive a $25 gift card for you.
- YogaFit Linden Hills - YogaFit Linden Hills on 45th and France is excited to share that all YogaFit members can bring their mom, grandmother, mother-in-law or daughter that is at least 10 years of age to any YogaFit class on Mother’s Day! To view our schedule, visit YogaFitStudios.com or email us at email@example.com
- Arezzo Ristorante - Arezzo Ristorante is serving its full dinner menu and nightly specials. Complimentary glass of of prosecco for all mothers.
- Edina Grill - Mom's love for their families to be full and happy! This year, Edina Grill will be serving an all-you-can-eat family style brunch that will make mom's wish come true! Adults 22.95 / Kids 13.95 (Under 12).
We're ready for spring!
Get the latest spring trends at 50th & France and stop by one of our restaurants to get some fresh, new items.
- bluebird boutique - Karina Grimaldi at bluebird boutique this spring!
- bumbershute - Rag & Bone Bomber.
- dpHUE - How to keep your Blonde fresh this summer. Use dpHUE Cool Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner to tone away brassiness and bring your blonde back to life.
- Grethen House - Dress with ease for spring in effortless one-pieces including jumpsuits, rompers, and dresses. Look for these fresh spring arrivals from designers including Black Crane, Ulla Johnson, Megan Park, Raquel Allegra, and more at Grethen House.
- Luxury Garage Sale - Whether it's the perfect Spring Break outfit or just a desire for a little spring cleaning. Luxury Garage Sale is your destination! Up to 90% off designer pieces. Shop LGS’ standout, designer consignment featuring Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Hermes, and more. Spring cleaning? From pickup to payout, our team provides a personalized, white glove service making consignment fun and lucrative.Schedule a store drop-off or in-home pickup today. Consignment redefined!
- Lush Cosmetics - Our wonderful tricolored Carrot, full of treats for both the shower and bath, is back for another Easter! We've packed a mix of sweet, floral and citrus-scented products into this giant root veggie. With a variety of cheery perfumes to choose from, everybody will find something to love.
- Pacifier - Spring is in the air...and in the bath! New Musee Bunny Tails Bath Bombs are a great addition for any Easter basket and feature four different scents: waterlily + jasmine, dandelion pear, tayberry + teakwood, and honeysuckle. Place them in the bath and discover a little toy inside!
- Parc - Shop new Spring Arrivals from hard to find independent designers like Hackwith Design House, Atelier Delphine, Revisited Matters, Achro, and more at Parc.
- Arezzo Ristorante - Hand tossed Neopolitan pizza served daily!
- Edina Grill - Edina Grill gives back to CornerHouse in April! Ask your server to add a donation to your bill, buy a Blueberry Basil Lemonade or donate directly to the cause!
- Red Cow - Four Course Easter Brunch with unlimited shareable selection of sweet and savory dishes
- Alchemy - Alchemy redefined group fitness in Minneapolis and now opens it's Edina location Saturday, April 8th. Try any of our signature classes, and refuel with Misfit Coffee on opening day. Surprise and delights to celebrate all day long! Don’t miss out. Invite your family, friends, neighbors...this is big.
Can’t make it? Enjoy complimentary classes during the entire first week (4.8 through 4.14).
- YogaFit Linden Hills
- Spring to your Mat Challenge – the entire month of April! Take any 20 classes of your choice throughout the month of April! Once you complete your card, turn it into with your name on it, and get entered in for a chance to win some AWESOME prizes including a FREE MONTH of yoga at YogaFit! Punch cards are available at the desk. Classes count starting April 1!
- Saturday, April 22nd – 1:30 PM to whenever – Pot Luck Party! Members and guests/friends pot luck and party! All students are welcome to come to the Potluck party! Sign up at the front desk and note what you might bring.
- Saturday, April 29th – Kids yoga and dance party! 2 PM to 3 PM Kids. Emmy Award winning “organic vaudeville folk” duo Jack and Kitty will be appearing in a special concert/dance party and yoga for children and families - 6 to 10 are welcome to come to this fun kids dance party with yoga moves incorporated! $5 suggested donation.