International Women's DayPosted:Mar 5th, 2018 10:44 am
We are so proud to have so many women-owned and women-led businesses! About 70 of our businesses are owned by women in our community and many others are operated and led by women. Keep your eyes peeled for more on how we plan to celebrate the women and girls in our community at our 52nd Annual Edina Art Fair this coming June 1-3!
Below are how our businesses celebrate all things women and how you can celebrate International Women's Day!
• 1 large sweet potato
• unsweetened nut or seed butter of
• unsweetened coconut flakes
• goji berries
• cinnamon, flax or chia seeds, optional
• ¼ avocado, mashed
• sprouts (broccoli, sunflower, bean etc)
• raw or sprouted pumpkin seeds
• sea salt and pepper to taste
• olive oil
More from our businesses:
- Pacifier - And though she be but little, she is fierce! Show off your little one's girl power with this cute raglan tee for International Women's Day.
- Pink Door Boutique - Girls Do It Better T-Shirt. One of newest boutiques!
- Grethen House - Veronica Beard Denim is at the top of our wishlist for spring. We love that this line is run by two strong and empowered women.
- Kovanda Plastic Surgery - International Women's Day Open House from 5-7pm. Education, drawings and special pricing!
- Luya Shoes & Other Fine Things - Salpy shoes - crafted, polished, stitched, painted, cut and carved from start to finish by Husband-and-wife team Salpy and Kevork Kalaidjian. Now sold at Luya Shoes & Other Fine Things! You can also find Realia by Jen jewelry at Luya Shoes!
- Tribeca Salon - Celebrate with us at TriBeCa Salon
with bubbles & apps on Thursday, March 8th Real Queens fix each other's crown.· 20% off all hair products· Enter drawing to win to gift basket· Featuring jewelry by Sterling CricketIn honoring woman, we will be offering 40% off hair services. 1st time clients only/with selected stylists. Call to make an appt. 612.922.0023 (offer extended until March 31, 2018.)
- Burlap & Brass - I’m a girl! What’s your Superpower? Stop in and check out some of our Super Woman products! We also carry some local products made by some amazing local ladies! Just to name a few : Larissa Loden Jewelry, Hagen Oats Wall Decor, MuddyMouth Cards by Angie and Live Love MN apparel by Nicole. Stop in to Burlap & Brass at 5013 Ewing Ave S to check out all these fabulous ladies products and more!
- Lush Cosmetics - Take your Lush goodies everywhere you go with our reusable bags! Using fairly traded 100% organic cotton, our sturdy totes are made by two non-profit organizations which provide employment for disadvantaged women in India. $3.99 - $12.95
Freeset exists for the many women who have never had the choice to be free. We care about the thousands in West Bengal, India who are vulnerable to sex trafficking. These women don't get to choose their occupation, and we want to change that. Re-Wrap, a women's cooperative in India, tutors rural women mainly in sewing skills, admin and other production processes in order for them to provide for their families. They break every day for yoga sessions to make sure they feel mentally and physically ready for the day.
- Arezzo Ristorante - We TOAST to WOMEN at AREZZO
Cheers to International Women's Day. At AREZZO. Manager Cristina Monesterio says,”We Toast to women everyday & invite your to sip some Bubbly at the Wine Bar for lunch or after shopping stop by for Happy Hour 4-5 p.m. weekdays. A new favorite is MONDAY NIIGHT - LADIES NIGHT OUT from 4-9 p.m. with $15 Bottles of Pigrio Wines.
- Title Nine's B-Word Blog - Where bad-ass ladies and bossy broads unite. Learn about Title Nine's values, mission and all about their comfortable and stylish active wear!
Other ways to celebrate: Grab flowers for you lady friends at Spruce Flowers. Pick up cupcakes at Sweet Retreat. Get gifts at WINK Gifts & Boutique, Equation and more. Get your nails done at A La Mode Boutique & Nail Spa or Nails & Co. Get a glass of wine at Beaujo's Wine Bar & Bistro. Scout & Molly's, bumbershute, bluebird boutique and Pink Door Boutique all have the latest fashions! And the best news? All of these businesses are owned by women!